Each semester, current students register for classes for the next semester.
Registration at the University is a process that includes:
- Academic advising with a faculty or staff member, which is required for some majors, but optional for others
- Registering for classes online
- Paying a tuition bill or confirming attendance
- Get advised
- Check your Registration Information Sheet
- Plan your class schedule
- Check for prerequisites
- Clear bars and take tests
- Update your emergency contact information
- View past Syllabi and CVs
Everything you need to know to prepare for registration.
You've done your homework. Now go register for classes.
Pay your tuition or confirm attendance and tie up any loose ends.
Don't use software to grab classes. The university will not allow the use of vendor software or other automated programs to register, or to add and drop. This is a violation of the University's Acceptable Use Policy. If you do, you may be blocked from registering.
And get your UT student ID at the ID Center located on the ground floor of the Flawn Academic Center (FAC) Mon thru Fri from 8a to 6p. (Bring a photo ID, like a driver's license or passport.) The cost of the card is $10. Payment is due within one month and can be made at the cashiers in Main 8 or online at What I Owe. Continuing students do not have to go to the ID center each semester. The card's magnetic strip is validated when the semester’s tuition is paid.
Read our questions about registration or call for help at 512 475-7656.