COVID-19 RESPONSE FOR SPRING 2020 ONLY:
Due to the current state of emergency concerning the public health crisis of COVID-19, Spring 2020 Final Exams will still be occurring as scheduled, but should be offered in a take-home format. Faculty have the leniency to decide if a Final Exam is required or not, though it is up to the faculty member to communicate with their students if a Final Exam is required.
Please note the following:
- Final Exam schedulers will no longer need to report their changes to the Scheduling Team. It will be the responsibility of faculty to communicate to students the status of their Final Exam.
- We will be turning off the Final Exam Search function to prevent confusion as well as removing the Final Exam Room assignment list from our website.
Final exam schedulers are responsible for reporting:
- If the class will administer a final exam. (“YES”, “NO”, if unsure-report “NO”)
- If a departmental room will be used for an exam (enter room number)
- If class requests to examine in its regular class meeting room
- If request is for regular, uniform, or makeup exam. (Uniform exams require scheduling a makeup exam.)
- Additional requests/Short notes to leave us
- preferred room/attributes (eg. CWS, MC)
- number of students taking the exam (if differs from enrollment)
- double seating (DS)
- multiple rooms ok/number of rooms can proctor (eg. Multi rms OK; proctor 10 max)
- Related sections:
- Home department is responsible for reporting exam information for related sections.
- For no exam, related sections must all report “No” for each section.
Only ask for a room when you know you need one.
Use the “Print Status Report” link within the final exam reporting system before reporting closes.
After the reporting system is closed, final exam requests will be processed as time and resources allow, and are subject to review by the department’s Dean’s Office. Classes requesting to change their default exam period do not receive scheduling priority, require explicit approval from their Dean's Office, and will be assigned space where available. Classes requesting to not offer an exam after reporting closes require approval from the Department Chair or Dean's office.
All classes default into a final exam period based on the index of final exam times: http://registrar.utexas.edu/students/exams
Departments can change a class’ default final exam period to a different approved final exam period. All final exams must be given during an approved final exam period.
- Final Exam Schedule for a Class (Unique Number required)
- My Final Exam Schedule (Students only; UT EID required)
(Click for more information)
Schedule paper or take home exam turn-ins in departmental rooms. GPCs cannot be scheduled for these.
Departmental rooms are not controlled by our office. We do not monitor conflicts in these rooms nor do we control the locking or unlocking of these spaces.