COVID-19 RESPONSE FOR SUMMER 2021 ONLY:
Summer 2021 final exams will occur as scheduled.
Synchronous Classes (those with a day/time assigned): Final exams for summer 2021 synchronous classes will occur as scheduled as posted in default of final exam times.
Asynchronous Classes: In most cases, instructors teaching asynchronous online classes should not be offering a synchronous final exam. Final exam schedulers should reach out to email@example.com with appropriate justification if an on-campus room needs to be scheduled. In these rare instances, the section should schedule their final exam during one of the approved final exam periods.
Faculty are allowed to decide if a final exam is required. It is up to the faculty member to communicate final exam requirements with their students.
For summer 2021, schedulers will begin to report and record final exam changes to the Office of the Registrar starting June 9, 2021 for first, nine-weeks, and whole session classes and July 16, 2021 for second session classes.
The general Final Exam search and the student “My Final Exam Schedule” search will open June 23, 2021 for first session exams, July 13, 2021 for nine-week session exams, and August 2, 2021 for whole and second session exams.
Due to the volume of online classes, we anticipate that conflicts will occur in student’s final exam schedules. Faculty should work with their students to find a solution. Here is some direction from UT leadership regarding how to help students with exam conflicts.
The default of final exam times can be found in the Summer 2021 Course Schedule.
The following final exam room schedule documents are subject to change and are for UT Austin staff and faculty use only.
Final exam schedulers are responsible for reporting:
- If the class will administer a final exam. (“YES”, “NO”, if unsure-report “NO”)
- If a departmental room will be used for an exam (enter room number)
- If class requests to examine in its regular class meeting room
- If request is for regular, uniform, or makeup exam. (Uniform exams require scheduling a makeup exam.)
- Additional requests/Short notes to leave us
- preferred room/attributes (eg. CWS, MC)
- number of students taking the exam (if differs from enrollment)
- double seating (DS)
- multiple rooms ok/number of rooms can proctor (eg. Multi rms OK; proctor 10 max)
- Related sections:
- Home department is responsible for reporting exam information for related sections.
- For no exam, related sections must all report “No” for each section.
Only ask for a room when you know you need one.
Use the “Print Status Report” link within the final exam reporting system before reporting closes.
After the reporting system is closed, final exam requests will be processed as time and resources allow, and are subject to review by the department’s Dean’s Office. Classes requesting to change their default exam period do not receive scheduling priority, require explicit approval from their Dean's Office, and will be assigned space where available. Classes requesting to not offer an exam after reporting closes require approval from the Department Chair or Dean's office.
All classes default into a final exam period based on the default of final exam times: https://registrar.utexas.edu/schedules/216/finals.
Departments can change a class’ default final exam period to a different approved final exam period. All final exams must be given during an approved final exam period.
- Final Exam Schedule for a Class (Unique Number required)
- My Final Exam Schedule (Students only; UT EID required)
(Click for more information)
Schedule paper or take home exam turn-ins in departmental rooms. GPCs cannot be scheduled for these.
Departmental rooms are not controlled by our office. We do not monitor conflicts in these rooms nor do we control the locking or unlocking of these spaces.