As part of the Fall 2022 planning process, the UT course schedule will continue to change as we head into the fall. These changes may affect the instructional mode, instructor, time or location of some classes. We strongly encourage you to review your course schedule regularly throughout the rest of the fall for additional updates.
Use the schedule to find courses with your eid. No eid? Get a guest eid here.
- What's new, useful numbers, campus bldgs, map
- Using the schedule | Parts of a class listing
- Information about registration
- Registration and payment deadlines
- Payment procedures
- Final exams | Index, Policies
- Advising and major codes
- Glossary | A thru E, F thru J, K thru O, P thru T, U thru Z
- Department headnotes and registration rules
- Printing the Schedule
Beginning fall 2022, the academic calendar has been modified to better meet educational needs, support immediate and long-term innovation, and support our academic mission, while ensuring compliance with university guidelines and federal and state regulations. Changes include:
- A new semester model, with two designated subterms in the fall and spring semesters
- New start dates for the fall and spring terms
- An extended fall break
- An earlier end date for the spring semester
- A reduced final exam schedule
You can view the 2022-2023 academic calendar here. The 2023-2024 calendar will be available in fall. Learn more about the academic calendar changes and view a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) on the Changes to the Academic Calendar webpage.
Beginning in fall 2021, all students will sign a Financial Responsibility Statement before registering for classes. The goal of the Statement is to be transparent and help you fully understand your role and financial obligation when attending UT Austin. By signing, you acknowledge your responsibility to pay tuition and fees by the payment due date and if you receive financial aid and scholarships, those resources will apply to your tuition. The Financial Responsibility Statement for the fall 2022 semester is now available for you to review and sign here.
New Fields of Study. Applied Archaeology (AAR) (graduate only) will be administered by the Applied Archaeology program.
Urban Design (U D) (graduate only) will be administered by the Urban Design program.
Retired Fields of Study. Electrical Engineering (E E) (replaced by ECE).
Identity Management and Security (IMS) (replaced by ISP).
Islamic Studies (ISL).
Visual Art Studies (VAS) (replaced by AED).
Urban Design (UDN) (replaced by U D).
Changed Fields of Study. Art Education (AED). Extended to include undergraduate courses.
Law (LAW). Replaced all but three undergraduate course numbers (x00-x79) with graduate-level course numbers (x80-x99).
Don’t forget to use the UT Planner! The UT Planner, an online class schedule planning tool for students, was implemented a few years back for all students to utilize and now shows mode of instruction! The planner allows students to search for, create, and save a variety of personalized schedule options based on their preferred courses and scheduling breaks. Additionally, the UT Planner gives students the ability to compare up to four schedule options at a time based on their availability during the day.
The UT Planner is a planning tool only, and students must still register at their designated registration times via the online registration system.
Texas One Stop. Your One Stop destination for services related to financial aid, transcripts, tuition billing and registration assistance. Visit onestop.utexas.edu, or call 512-232-6988.
- 512 475-7656 Registration helpline
- 512 232-6988 Transcripts
- 512 475-7399 Admissions
- 512 471-3434 Campus directory assistance
- 512 475-7777 Student Accounts Receivable
- 512 471-5017 Dean of Students
- 512 475-7391 Graduate and International Admissions Center (GIAC)
- 512 471-4955 University Health Services
- 512 471-3136 Division of Housing and Food
- 512 471-4334 ID Center
- 512 471-1211 International Office
- 512 232-9619 Lost and found
- 512 471-3825 Ombudsperson
- 512 471-3304 Orientation
- 512 471-7275 Parking
- 512 471-6045 Recreational Sports
- 512 232-2662 Testing and Evaluation Services
- 512 232-6988 Texas One Stop
- 512 232-7146 Texas Success Initiative
- 512 232-6988 Tuition and Fee Billing
- Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
Title IX, a segment of the Education Amendments of 1972, prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex from any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance. For more information about Title IX, resources and relevant policies visit the Title IX website.
The University's Commitment
The University of Texas at Austin (“University”) is committed to maintaining a learning and working environment that is free from discrimination based on sex in accordance with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs or activities; Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), which prohibits sex discrimination in employment; and the Campus Sexual Violence Elimination Act (SaVE Act). Sex discrimination (including discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression), sexual harassment, sexual assault, unprofessional and/or inappropriate conduct, interpersonal violence (including domestic violence and dating violence), and stalking will not be tolerated and will be subject to disciplinary action.
HOW AND WHERE TO REPORT:
All employees of the University that witness or receive information concerning sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating violence or stalking committed by or against a student or employee must report the incident to the Title IX Office (or designees). The University also strongly encourages students, faculty, staff, and third parties to promptly report any incidents of sex discrimination and other inappropriate sexual conduct to the Title IX Office (or designees):
Adriana Alicea-Rodriguez, Associate Vice President and Title IX Coordinator
Robert Leary, Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Support and Resources
Title IX Office, University Compliance Services
1616 Guadalupe Street
2.507A UT Administration Building (UTA)
Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Students
Kelly Soucy, M.A., M.S.W.
Student Emergency Services/Office of the Dean of Students
4.104 Student Services Building (SSB)
Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Faculty/Staff
Galen Eagle Bull, JD
Office for Inclusion and Equity
3.212 Student Services Building (SSB)
Lori Hammond and Rianne Brashears, Interim Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Athletics
Tim Boughal, J.D., Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Dell Medical School
Dell Medical School
University Compliance Services, through its Department of Investigation and Adjudication, investigates complaints of prohibited conduct involving students, employees, or affiliates under the following policies:
- Appendix F: Policy on Consensual Relationships
- Appendix I: Nondiscrimination Policy
- HOP 3-3031: Prohibition of Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Sexual Misconduct, Interpersonal Violence, and Stalking
- HOP 3-3020: Nondiscrimination Policy
- HOP 3-3050: Consensual Relationships
Anyone may report any concern they have to the University Compliance Services hotline.
REPORTING TO LAW ENFORCEMENT:
You may also make a complaint with The University of Texas at Austin Police Department (UTPD) at 512-471-4441, dial “9” (non-emergency) or 911 (emergency) or to the City of Austin Police Department (APD) at 311 (non-emergency) or 911 (emergency) or to other local law enforcement authorities. APD victim services is available at 512-974-5037. The Title IX Office can help individuals contact these law enforcement agencies. Employees and students with protective or restraining orders relevant to a complaint are encouraged to provide a copy to the UT Police Department.
- UTPD Website: https://police.utexas.edu/
- APD Website: austintexas.gov/department/police
You may report such incidents anonymously:
- Title IX website: https://titleix.utexas.edu/file-a-report/
- 512 475-7656
- Office of the Registrar, Registration M5504 | Off campus: The University of Texas at Austin, Office of the Registrar, Registration, PO Box 7216, Austin TX 78713-7216