The course inventory consists of courses that the University is authorized to teach by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. Official Publications facilitates changes to the University’s course inventory; changes are made and approved by course inventory administrators in each academic unit. A new course or a change to an existing course must be recorded in the inventory before it may appear in a University catalog or Course Schedule.
Changes to the course inventory can be made via the Course Inventory Management (CIM) system. CIM must be used to submit all requests for changes to the course inventory. Course inventory changes are made about a year in advance. Changes made during the fall inventory editing cycle will be effective the following fall semester; changes made during the spring inventory editing cycle will be effective the following spring semester. The CIM system is open for two months for changes in the fall, and is open for one month for limited changes in the spring. Help buttons are available within CIM for information on how to properly complete the form. Click on the blue question mark icon whenever you need help in CIM.
Please send course inventory questions and requests for authorization to Official Publications email@example.com.
Resources for course inventory administrators are available in UT Box at https://utexas.box.com/s/j4h3pvilqoxx4mo35lzidxbm76df9nwc.
Notes about the CIM online request system:
- Requests are routed through designated department and college administrators for approval. Requests must be approved by all designated approvers by the close of the editing cycle.
- Originators of requests are responsible for making sure that requests are completely approved by the deadline.
- All users can track the status and location of requests by accessing CIM and viewing the course inventory form, which displays the worfkflow status.
- You can view a list of the approvers within your academic unit by clicking the "preview workflow" link on the course inventory form in CIM.
- As a form moves through workflow, an email will automatically be generated and sent to the next approver in workflow.
- Approvers may be designated to fill multiple roles within a routing scheme. If so, they will be required to approve requests more than once.
- Search for courses by field of study or by keyword accompanied by an asterisk (*).
- The online system will only recognize existing fields of study. If you need to add a new field of study, contact Official Publications to request the Field of Study Questionnairre to begin this process.