The mission of the Office of the Registrar at the University of Texas at Austin is to create, maintain, certify, and protect University records of courses, degrees, and students. To meet that mission, we express below our vision and values, the key components of our work, our most recent progress -- and the goals we've identified for the future.
The Office of the Registrar strives to
- recognize the importance of each person we serve,
- hold the trust and confidence of students, faculty, and staff for our quality of work, collaborative solutions, and administrative foresight,
- care for our employees by promoting a friendly and stimulating office environment with opportunities for professional development, and
- earn national respect for excellence in academic services and our use of technology to benefit our campus and the higher education community.
The Office of the Registrar emphasizes
- accuracy, to maintain exceptional quality in our records and processes;
- integrity, to demand responsibility, confidentiality, and honesty in our work;
- customer service, to help people in a timely and caring way;
- communication, to share expertise and listen to our clients and each other; and
- teamwork, to foster a collaborative work environment and coordinate the intricacies of our collective mission.
The core functions of the Office of the Registrar include
- Campus Support Activities
- Catalog Production
- Certification of Athletic Eligibility
- Course Inventory Administration
- Course Scheduling
- Degree Audit
- Diploma Services
- Document Management
- Enrollment Certification
- Final Exams
- Research and Assessment
- Room Scheduling
- Student Academic Records
- Transcript Services
- University Academic Calendar
- Veteran Certification
To learn about the progress we've made in our collaborative efforts and strategic initiatives, view our 2017 - 2018 Annual Report.
Previous reports are also available:
2016-2017 Annual Report, 2015-2016 Annual Report, 2014-2015 Annual Report, 2013-2014 Annual Report, 2012-2013 annual report, 2011-2012 annual report, 2010-2011 annual report or 2009-2010 annual report.
View our office-wide goals and initiatives in our 2017- 2020 Strategic Plan.