Grade reports

Since the university no longer prints grade reports, students can order an official transcript, or see grades using this button.

Errors in grade reports

If a student believes there is an error in the report of a grade, he or she must contact the instructor of the course. If appropriate, the instructor will submit a grade change request to the dean of the college or school in which the student was enrolled when the course was taken. If the grade change is approved, the Office of the Registrar will correct the student's record and notify the student of the new grade and of his or her new grade point average.

Scholastic probation and dismissal

A student must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average to remain academically eligible to register for the next semester or summer session. The grade point average required of undergraduates varies according to the amount of college-level credit they have earned. Students should direct questions about scholastic status to their deans' offices.

Rules on scholastic probation and dismissal apply to all undergraduates. Complete rules about undergrad probation and dismissal are given in General Information. See the Graduate Catalog for rules about graduate warning and dismissal.

University honors

Every fall and spring, undergrads with a full course load who make great grades can earn a place on the university's honors list. (They learn of their spot on the list through a note on their grade report.) See our General Information catalog to learn more about university honors.

Contact us

  • Student Academic Records Team
  • 512 475-7644
  • Main Bldg room 16, Registrar Records M5505 | off campus: The University of Texas at Austin, Office of the Registrar, Student Academic Records, PO Box 7216, Austin TX 78713-7216