Do you have effective communication skills? Do you like working with people? Do you like working with computers or want to learn how to work with computer technology?
Consider becoming a Software Developer in the Office of the Registrar!
About the job:
The University of Texas at Austin has a unique training program where individuals are trained on the job to become Software Developers. Upon successful completion of training, individuals join project teams that:
- Write computer programs for administrative offices
- Develop administrative applications
- Serve as consultants to departments
- Improve and streamline administrative processes
- Document systems and processes
- Advocate innovative technological solutions
- Teach classes to university employees
Prospective Software Developer trainees must pass an aptitude test and submit an employment application via the UT Jobs site.
Step 1: Schedule yourself to take the Software Developer Aptitude Test (You must have UT EID to enroll).
- The test is timed, and applicants record answers on a non-scan score sheet.
- Allow at least 2 hours for the administration of the test.
- The test assumes no prior programming experience.
- You may take the test once every 24 months.
- You must make a grade of "A" on this test in order to apply for the position.
Applicants with disabilities who would like to request reasonable accommodation in the testing process based on the ADA (Americans With Disabilities Act) can contact Human Resources at (512) 471-4772 or email HRSC@austin.utexas.edu for assistance. Minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Step 2: Submit Your Resume
Submit a resume-based application to UT Human Resources on the Web, or go to the Employment Center in North Office Building A at 101 E 27th St. Suite 2.200, Austin TX, 78712. You cannot apply specifically for the Software Developer Trainee position before taking the test.
Be sure you have read the applicant instructions carefully and submit all requested additional materials within five days of applying for the program.
Step 3: Wait for Confirmation and Next Step Notification
You must get an A on the test to be considered for the position. Candidates with complete applications who have met the minimum requirements will receive an email confirmation and be notified of the next steps.